Nowadays, Countless Microsoft windows customers have reported that their laptops become frozen on the Welcome screen.
The reloading wheel will not come to a halt, and the computer will not respond to their activities.
This is a bothersome — and very frightening — problem. You are unable to use your laptop at all! You may be kind of wondering what you should do to resolve this problem.
But don’t worry. It is feasible to make it work. All you need to do is attempt the following method.
However, you may not need to test them all; simply work your way down until you discover one that helps. This guide will provide you some of the most feasible solutions to solve this problem.
Let’s get started!
1. Unplug any external device from the PC
This issue is sometimes driven by hardware, most commonly with USB ports. When you’re using a laptop, these precautions are generally unnecessary. To find out if this is the situation, take the following steps:
- First of all, Switch off the computer and unplug any peripherals and connections beside the power wire.
- In the next step, Restart the computer and reattach the mouse and keyboard.
- After that, restore all connections and wires one after the other to check if any of them are causing difficulties, then restart the computer and see if you can go through the home screen.
Often, these issues are just transitory, and you may resume the regular operation of Windows after rejoining everything. Or else, the following solution will most probably fix the problem.
2. Conduct an Automatic Repair
Some customers claim that doing an Auto Repair can resolve startup difficulties such as Windows 10 freezing on starting, Windows 7 hanging on the welcome screen, PC turning on but no visual, and others.
You may accomplish it by following these below steps:
- First of all, Insert the setup file into your system and boot it from the drive.
- Secondly, To proceed, select your language and other options and hit enter.
- Next, simply select Repair your machine.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced Options.
- Select Startup Repair or automatic repair both options might be shown in this section according to the window version you installed on your computer. Just simply select it in order to proceed.
- Finally, the Startup Repair or Automatic Repair process will now begin. To finish the repair, follow the directions on the screen.
After you finish the repair procedure, restart your computer to see whether the trapped on welcome screen problem has been resolved. If not, try the techniques listed below.
3. Perform system checks
When you have damaged system files and folders, your Windows 10 PC may become locked on the welcome screen.
However, You may perform several tests on your computer to discover if the damaged files are the source of your issue or not. To do that, follow the following steps.
Here are some measures to take to double-check it.
Step 1: In the first step, attach the bootable USB or hard disk to your computer and boot from it.
Step 2: Choose your language choices and press the Next button.
Step 3: After you’ve chosen a language, click Shift + F10 to launch Command prompt.
Step 4: After that, write the below Command in the command prompt and hit Enter after each one:
- SFC /scannow
- chkdsk c: /f /r
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /scans
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
Step 5: After checking each query, type exit and click Enter.
Step 6: Restart your computer to determine whether the problem has been resolved.
If your Windows is still stuck on the welcome screen, try the next procedure.
4. clean boot Troubleshooting
Non-Microsoft software or a driver might potentially generate this problem. If you correctly boot into Safe Mode, you can do a clean boot to determine the root problem.
Step 1: First of all, go to the start search box and type. Click type MSConfig into the box and hit Enter. If you are requested for an authorized user or verification, enter it and click “Next.”
Step 2: Go to the General tab and choose Selective Startup.
Step 3: In this step, simply go for under selective startup option and then click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
Step 4: Finally, Go to the Services tab, check the Hidden All Microsoft Services box, and afterwards hit Deactivate All. Then press the OK button.
5. Reset Windows 10
It is conceivable that your Windows 10 has been corrupted and will not boot correctly. Resetting your version of windows might help you restore it to its original state.
Note: Your data may be deleted, and you will need to reinstall all of your apps.
- Insert the configuration file into your pc, then boot from the medium.
- Choose a language and an area.
- Start your machine by booting from the Windows 10 installation disc. After you’ve chosen your language and location, click the Install Now button.
- Follow the on-screen directions to finish the system reinstallation.
6. Turn off your Internet connection
According to many customers, Microsoft windows might become trapped on the login page when trying to establish a connection to your Wi-Fi network.
So if your Windows freezes up on the welcome screen, check to see if you’re internet-connected before attempting to log in.
7. Restart Windows Update service
This is another solution to such a window home screen problem. If this problem happens, use this method. Simply restart the Windows Update service and then change the name of few files, then follow the below steps.
To begin, open a command prompt.
Step 2: In the run box, input net stop wuauserv and click Enter.
Step 3: Type the command cd per cent system root per cent and hit Enter.
Step 4: Click Continue after typing ren SoftwareDistribution SD.old.
Step 5: Press Enter after typing net start wuauserv.
Step 6: To quit Command Prompt and restart your computer, type exit and hit Enter.
Step7: Restart your computer or laptop to see whether the stuck welcome screen has disappeared
Today, we save a lot of essential data on our computers.
On the other hand, system failure is irreversible and can be influenced by a multitude of causes such as suck on the welcome screen, black screen, missing boot configuration data file, and so on.
The good news is that we can take steps to reduce the risk of several system failures. You can follow the above solution to get rid of the monitor Welcome screen problem quickly.
My name is Chirag Panikar. I am a newbie blogger, here to give you guys some tips and tricks which will ease your life surrounded by tech. Two things I love are GYM and gaming. Finding new things to learn every day that’s the whole point.????