The “eMule” comes from an animal called “Mule” which is like a donkey. eMule is a free application that supports peer-to-peer file sharing for Microsoft Windows. It first started in May 2020 as an alternative to eDonkey2000. It is now used to connect both the eDonkey network and the Kad network, and clients use it for rare content.
However, it has some distinguishing features like direct exchanges of sources between nodes, fast recovery of corrupted downloads, and reward for the frequent uploaders due to the newly introduce credit system. Also, the data transmission in eMule in Zlib compressed form.
Furthermore, eMule is coded in C++ programming language in July 2002 using the Microsoft Foundation Classes. Its growing day by day due to safety and eMule security.
Now, it has become the most downloaded application, with over 685 million users because its development team improved and updated the previous version of 0.5a into the latest version of 0.6a.
How to use eMule?
Are you looking for guidance on how to use eMule and how its searching files works? Then we are here to guide you with perfection. When you share a file in eMule, it is hashed as a hash list that comprising 9500 KiB separate chunks. The MD4 hash, filename, file size, and other search attributes such as codec and bitrate store on Kad Network and eD2k servers.
If users want to download the files, eMule asks for the peers of that particular file. eMule will be queued until the upload slot available. When a complete file of 9500KiB is downloaded and verified, anyone can download the file shared by the downloader. That’s a working process for how to use eMule.
Let’s talk about searching in eMule.
Searching in eMule:
There are few search parameters in eMule that perform the searching process.
Step1: Users can search for a file name, file size, and top-level MD4 hash that is added to download.
Step2: Clients find the servers that other clients are using that hash.
Step3: Now, servers give the set of IP/ports that determines the location for clients who share files.
How do I connect to the eMule Server?
In this article, we will discuss how to connect to the eMule server? It is a centralized file-sharing application that requires server access to the network. Here are a few points that guide you on how to connect the eMule Server.
Download the Client:
Go to the official website for downloading the eMule project and click on the download button.
Start the application:
Now double click on the emule.exe file and follow the procedure. Firstly, Welcome to the eMule screen appears, then click “Next” to continue configuring the client.
You can select the user name in the text box that has by default website URL, and then you can replace it with the name you want. After this, you can leave the tick box unchecked. The first check is for startup time increase and the second for safe connection with the network. Click the “Next” button to continue.
In this section, select the port for using eMule. Now, set up your ports according to your operating system. Once you have ports, you can perform the test by clicking the “Test Ports” button. If you can’t connect with the proper ports, you can with the reduced capacity. If all goes well, you must click “Next” to continue further.
Allow eMule to Manage Uploads or Download:
Enable both options that appeared on your screen and then click the “Next” button.
Now, enable the ISP protocol to evade throttling of downloading or uploading. Click “Next” and then click the “Finish” button.
Connection with ED2K Network:
- Right-click on the “Servers” and click “Remove All” which wipes the all server list.
- Get the clean server list by visiting the Peerates website and click on the resource packages. Now from there, click on the “Evaluate server list” link. You will get a clean list of server lists.
- Right-click any server and click “Add to static List” where you want to change “no” to “yes” in the static column.
- Go to “Options” click on the “Server” on the left side of the screen. You will see the many options so, you have to tick the “Auto connect server in the static list only” click Apply, and OK. Now, you connect with the E2D network.
eMule Servers List:
Below is the list for eMule servers.
|eMule Security No1||77534|
|eMule Security No2||17923|
|Sharing Devils No1||14631|
|La Cosa Nostra||10626|
|Grupo TS Server||7479|
|Pentium Pilat 2022||1625|
|Da Na Hui-Limited Edition||1169|
What is eMule Synology?
eMule is a very safe and free file sharing program that has a massive client market. It may have a slow transfer file speed but share large files that make it outstanding for several users. However, eMule Synology helps clients from any internal or external attacks. By enabling the HTTPS, you can encrypt and secure all the traffic between Synology NAS and connected clients or any other man-in-the-middle attacks.
How do I update my eMule servers?
Anyone can update the eMule servers list to follow the below steps. It is now the most downloading app due to eMule security with distinguishes features.
- In the first step, delete all the predefined integrated servers by selecting the all servers’ list and press the Del key on your PC keyboard.
- Paste this URL http://edk.peerates.net/servers.met in the text filed under the update server, then click to update button and wait for few moments to download the new servers list.
- Now you get the secure and updated eMule servers, and you can connect any of the servers that appeared in your main program without any connection problem.