Why Is My iPhone Battery Draining So Fast After Update?
Generally, with every new operating system update, there are some complaints about battery life and rapid battery drain. And iOS 14 is no exception. While everyone is excited about Apple’s new iOS, some miner iOS 14 issues contend with the iPhone Battery Draining So Fast After Update that comes with a software update.
If you recently updated your IOS device, you might be wondering, “why is my iPhone Battery Draining So Fast After Update?”, “why is my phone dying so fast?” or even wondering, “is it time for an iPhone battery replacement?” Before searching for the best iPhone chargers and portable batteries, we would suggest you go through this guide to learn how to save battery life on your iPhone with iOS 14 or earlier.
These are the following few tips you need to follow to stop your iPhone Battery Draining So Faster After the Latest Update.
Tip 1: Dim your iPhone screen
Many iPhone users keep their iPhone’s screen at full brightness that contributes to a fast battery drain. But you can quickly sort out and dim your screen manually by doing this.
- Open the control center option by swiping up from the bottom of your phone screen.
- Next, hold the brightness slider and drag it to the bottom or as close where you still comfortably read your display.
Tip2. Enable ‘Low Power Mode
To make your iPhone battery last for several hours longer than normal mode and reduce to drain faster, enable Low Power Moder function. To do so, follow these steps.
- Go to the setting.
- Tap the Battery option.
- After that toggle, the switch next to Low Power Mode’ to turn it on.
Tip3. Make Sure Your Battery is Healthy
There is another reason for the battery draining faster is because your iPhone battery is quite old and no longer functioning in optimal condition. So you have to check your battery health. To do so, follow these steps.
- Go to the setting
- Scroll down and hit the Battery option
- Tap on battery health
In this section, you can see the Maximum capacity option, which is a measurement of battery capacity. So if your battery capacity is less than 80 percent, it may be worth seeking out a battery replacement to avoid fast draining and improve your battery life.
Tip4: Turn on iPhone Auto-Brightness
Auto-Brightness settings help you to adjust your screen lighting automatically based on ambient light levels. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the setting app.
- Tap on the Accessibility option.
- Next, Tap on Display and Text Size
- Finally, Toggle on Auto-Brightness to perform this function.
Tip5: Background App Refresh
‘Background App Refresh’ is the most common feature which drains your IOS battery life much faster. It refreshes your phone apps continuously in the background and updates them even when you’re not using them. To disable this feature:
- Go to Settings
- Then, in General, and Tap on Background App Refresh.
- After that, turn off the entire function or disable particular apps you don’t need to refresh or update automatically.